28 June 2009

Celebration of Frank's Life...

I was honored when Frank's wife asked me to take photos at the "Celebration of Frank's Life" memorial service. I was a little nervous because I had never shot a memorial service before and I knew I would be a mess, but Vanessa said Frank would be so happy to know I was shooting it, so I grabbed my camera and headed to the memorial that was held at the Plaza Theater last Wednesday (June 24th). When I got there it was like no other memorial service I had ever attended. They were selling t-shirts and a memorial poster, all proceeds going to the family. The concession stand was open and the name Frank read above the theater doors. In the lobby the walls were adorned with Frank's work, everything from T.I. to David Lee Roth to Iggy Pop hung on the walls. Frank's aunt took the stage and read words from Frank including a top 10 list of the best things about having cancer. The show also included a local band playing a couple Strangler's songs and two slide shows, one of his life from beginning to end and another of his work. The night was amazing, although very emotional, it left me thinking.....It was sooo Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment