27 April 2009

Steeplechase 2009


It was my first horse race and I kept having flashbacks of the scene from the movie Pretty Women where they went to the races. The horses were beautiful! I am a HUGE animal lover and when I got to the track to shoot the horses I found myself admiring the horses as they galloped by me. The coolest thing that you can't experience by watching this sport on television is the vibration you feel on the ground as the horses rush by. The crowd was great, it was a mix of people and personalities. If you plan on going to this event, let me warn you, this place is HUGE and there was so much going on like rock climbing, fashion shows, parties, tailgating...oh and a horse race. ;) It was a great time for everyone and well worth the drive to Cartersville, GA!

To see more of the images from this event visit http://atlanta.metromix.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment