01 January 2012

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart: A Film About Wilco By Sam Jones...

I recently watched "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart: A Film About Wilco By Sam Jones" and gained a lot more respect then I already had for these talented musicians. I have always enjoyed Wilco's music, but last summer a good friend invited me to their show at the Cobb Energy Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The stage was absolutely beautiful. It was my favorite stage by far that I have ever seen at a show and one that will always stand out to me. If you get a chance check out some of the YouTube videos from the Cobb Energy show on September 28th. The music at the show sounded nothing less then perfect. Nels Cline had my attention for most of the show, his guitar playing is so precise and full of life. Jeff Tweedy's lyrics at times were haunting and you could feel that as the sounds of his voice circled around the room. The documentry allows fans to see what goes into making a record like "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot". It was an eye opener for me and interesting to see how the whole process came together. "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" was made before their latest record, "The Whole Love". With this record, Wilco has taken a great leap forward. I hope to see a documentary on this album as it is aggressively becoming my favorite record by the band. I have added a couple of my favorite videos below, enjoy.

On Sunday Morning - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Heavy Metal Drummer - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Also, make sure to check out "The Whole Love" record. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

For more on Wilco, check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment